Natural Soap Bar VS Commercially Made Soap
Let's compare Natural Soap Bar VS Commercially Made Soap. Commercial soaps are often made with chemical detergents (derived from petroleum-based ingredients), hardeners, and synthetic lathering ingredients. Purchasing commercial soap is convenient and often much cheaper than investing in a natural alternative, as synthetic ingredients, colours and fragrances have very low-cost. Furthermore, commercial soaps strip your skin's of their natural oils which can leave it feeling dry and tight after a shower or bath.
But if you’re looking after yours and your family’s health and wellbeing as well as sustainability then natural is the way to go. Artisan (REAL) soap bar is made with just oils, butters, lye, essential oils, botanicals and clays, made in small batches and cost a lot more to produce.
HERBOWSKI SOAPS are created with an excess of plant oils in a process called "superfatting". This process along with the chemical reaction called "saponification" leaves a soap bar full of moisturising, natural oils, and glycerin. Glycerin is a humectant which draws moisture from the air to the skin creating a protective layer that helps prevent drying. Pair this with an excess of plant oils that are left over in the bar soap after saponification and you have an amazing, nourishing product. We then cure our soaps for at least 8 weeks to produce a longer lasting bar.
We have made a decision not to use palm oil, although it has low price and produces a great soap bar, but its production destroys rainforests and biodiversity, which does not fit with the ethos of our brand. We had to work hard to make sure we develop a formula without palm oil that has outstanding results.
These are the ingredients you will find in our cleansing bars:
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Butter
- Shea Butter
- Almond Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Olive Oil
- Castor Oil
- Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Pure Essential Oils
- Birch Water
- Activated Charcoal
- Multiple Botanical Extracts
- Sea Salt
Benefits of using HERBOWSKI cleansing bars:
Using natural soap rather than a commercially produced alternative can bring a wide range of benefits:
- Hydrate and soothe your skin - due to the presence of glycerin
- Better high quality 100% natural ingredients for your skin sourced from artisan farmers and growers.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Unique products - all our products have been formulated by our founder, with a story behind every formulation, handmade in our studio in Kent.
- Therapeutic benefits of essential oils
- Cruelty-free & animal-friendly
- Plastic-free - every soap bar saves 50ml of single-use plastic waste.
- We are carbon neutral - participating in various reforestation projects.
- Buying a soap from us you are supporting local and small businesses (including us) that aspire to tackle environmental issues.
You can check our full soap collection here.
Have you enjoyed reading our article Natural Soap Bar VS Commercially Made Soap? Leave a comment below.